Ten Things that have forever changed my life–and how I view life–for better or worse:
- The birth of our three children,who have brought innumerable joys and worries at the same time– now adults, I have to admit;
- The tragic, sudden, inexplicable death of my nephew at age 11, now nine years ago;
- Starting college at age 40 and sharing classes with my children’s friends;
- Rafting the Colorado River for 5 days with my family, sleeping in canyons in thunder and lightning storms, without any form of communication with the outside world, and a bucket for a toilet, the contents of which rode in the raft with us;
- Beginning a second career as a teacher, after serving 14 years on a Board of Education and raising a family;
- Spending time in Brooks Falls, Alaska, among the grizzlies and watching them tear salmon to shreds, in the same place that Timothy Treadwell became bear scat;
- Saying good-bye to my father at 88 years old and grieving way too many children who didn’t make it 1/4 as far in years;
- Spending a week at a totally “green” school with my daughter on Cape Eleuthera, where we collected water, slopped the pigs, took 5 minute showers, didn’t flush(!), drank warm water, washed dishes by hand, and snorkeled in crystal clear, turquoise Bahamian waters!
- Being ultimately surprised by my crazy, wonderful family when they presented me with a red-hot Mustang GT convertible for Mother’s Day!
- Did I say marrying the love of my life at age 19 and still being in love with him 30 years later?
I quite possibly may expand of some of these life-altering events in future posts, but just needed to get this list out right now!!!