I absolutely adore Green Mamma’s Gratitude Sunday posts, so I’ve decided to adopt a slightly different spin on that idea. Imitation is the best form of flattery, isn’t it? I will attempt to post 5 things I am thankful for each Thursday in a Thankful Thursday post.
This Thursday, I am thankful . . .
- . . . that I get to spend my days with kids, namely elementary school children–now that my own children are much bigger than me!
- . . . for hot, steamy, sultry summers . . . and chilly, snowy, white winters. (It’s so much fun to experience it all in New England!)
- . . . for electronic communication. (It’s so much easier to stay in touch via e-mail than if I had to hand-write everything and search for stamps! Also, the fact that I can find anything my family needs online, like jeans long enough for my 6’5″ son, instead of running to 4 different stores and still coming up empty.)
- . . . for the multitude of pink and purple blooms that grace my Rose of Sharon bushes at the moment. (They remind me of the seductive hybiscus flowers of the islands, which I haven’t had much luck growing here!)
- . . . for chocolate and coffee. (‘nuf said!)