OK, I’ve been tagged by the Farmer’s Daughter.
Here are the rules:
–Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
–Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog – some random, some weird.
–Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.
–Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
So, here goes, probably way more than you want to know:
7 Facts about myself:
- BK (Before Kids), I had a career in publishing as a writer/editor for an international technical magazine. I traveled to interview mostly old men in wire mills and I usually got questions like “What’s a nice, young girl like doing in a place like this?” (I secretly hoped I’d get a really exciting writing job for Cosmo or at the very least Good Housekeeping some day!)
- I’ve walked with Grizzlies in Alaska . . . yes, I really can’t believe that I did that, too!
- I also rafted the Colorado River for 5 days, sleeping in the canyons at night in thunderstorms, with the river or a pail as our only bathroom. (#2 and #3 were my husband’s ideas, but I’m glad I lived through them because now I can impress people who think I’m a risk-taker, even though I’m really not!)
- I learned how to use a computer back in the DOS days. (“What’s that?” you youngsters are asking.)
- I’m probably addicted to three things: coffee, the sun, and my Blackberry. (I know this because I get a headache if I don’t get my DD in the am and I got a Blackberry so I could check my e-mail on the run. I am trying to change my habits re: the sun due to the negative effects of too much exposure.)
- I started college at age 40, when my husband challenged me to pursue the teaching career that I had always planned. It was one of the best decisions of my life (second to marrying that dear guy!) and now after my 8th year of teaching (and two more degrees) I’m planning on starting a doctoral program.
- My crazy, wonderful family gave me a brand-new, candy-apple red Mustang convertible for Mothers’ Day a couple of years ago, which I enjoy driving “topless” more than I ever imagined! The ‘Stang’s tucked in the garage for the winter next to their ’66 classic mustang. (I think they gave me mine because they didn’t want me to drive theirs!)
OK, that’s probably way more than you wanted to hear, but I’m tagging:
Thanks for playing, everyone, and I hope you have a little fun with it!