OK, I’m going to be brutally honest with the progress I made with the list I posted at the beginning of this at-home vacation week! Here goes…
* Finish and mail taxes before the April 15th deadline (always seems to coincide with April vacation for me!) YES! For the first time ever, I was early!!! Mailed ’em on April 13th, with 2 days to spare!
* Complete some school projects, working from home and school a bit, and to get a jump-start on what comes next. YES, I actually completed 3/4 of the school projects I’d planned . . . and I still have this weekend to finish up!
* Rollerblading and lunch out with my daughter (remembering what it was like to be home when our children were young—-I SO loved that!) YEP! Did that on Friday in the glorious sun, with the wind blowing . . . and I have pix to prove it!
(OK, we weren’t actually rollerblading ON the beach, but we were close enough to the ocean that I felt the need to get a shot there!)
* Long walks around the farm; walks in the sand at the beach YES on the first, 4 nights in a row with DH and counting . . . NOPE on the second as my daughter said she didn’t want to get sand in her rollerblades, so we stuck to the non-sandy areas!
* Planting painsies in outside planters (a rite of spring for me!) Does placing 2 baskets of painsies outside count? It’s still too cold at night (below freezing) and this way I can bring them in at night.
* Making Easter baskets for our kids and other family members DONE and already mostly eaten and history . . .
* Baking special treats for Easter (Check!)
* Making more home-cooked meals! YUP, Lasagna, spaghetti, even surprised the guys with a standing rib roast!
* Shuttling my Mom to doctor appointments, etc., and probably out to lunch YES and YES
* Riding around topless–or should I say top-down? (in my little red ride, that is!) OH YES! With the heat on as my daughter complained she was cold!
* Biking Just once, but I still have today!
* Catching up with my list of “to do” things Okay, I’m chipping away at it!
* Shopping trip with my daughter to get a few items for an upcoming business trip to D.C. and another special event OH yeah, got new sandals, birthday presents for DH and youngest son, and a way fancy summer dress that I couldn’t resist, but now I need someplace to wear it! (I decided I had enough already for DC trip.)
* More school work (There’s still this weekend.)
* Blogging and reading blogs (Yes and yes, but I’m not done yet!)
* Is the week over yet? (I’m sure I’ll be out of week before I’m out of things on my list!)
Here are a few things I did that weren’t even on my list, but were necessities:
- Grocery shopping
- grocery shopping
see the pattern?
Most of all, I’m going to relish the time home, because I’m away from home too much these days. I hope for some warm spring days to spend time outside, doing all the things I love to do! (Yes, yes, and yes!)
I did even make a trip into two of my schools to TCB (Take care of business!)
Still have to accomplish today/Sunday:
- Review two new teachers’ portfolios before tomorrow!
- Plan for lessons and meetings at school tomorow
- More laundry
- Catch up w/ school e-mail, which I’ve been doing on a daily basis…
- Get things in order for an upcoming business trip
- Cook, more laundry
- Probably go to the grocery store . . . ugh!
- Complete the items I’ve procrastinated on all week
- Help my DH celebrate his birthday . . . and since I told him he was #1 on my list today, I’m not so sure about the other items!
So, if I’m “strolling” today, it’ll be with him and I’m not planning on posting a “Sunday Stroll,” as I need to get everything else done. I’ll probably be up all night, but it was a DELICIOUS WEEK at home!