As this new day dawns—Thanksgiving Day— I think it’s appropriate that I take just a few minutes before the busy hustle/bustle of this holiday weekend takes over to give thanks.
In short, I’m thankful for:
- Four generations of family members to celebrate the holidays with
- An 87-year-old mother who inspires me on a daily basis
- A grandbaby on the way (OK, you’ve heard this before!)
- My wonderful husband who supports me even when he thinks I’m crazy (as in currently pursuing my Doctorate)
- Three grown kids who make me intensely proud!
- A career (working with kids and adults) that I love
- Purposeful work at school and home
- Our family farm full of animals and adventures
- Friends who “hold me up” and occasionally, let me “hold them up”
- A positive attitude despite everything around us in the news–and world–that could make us pessimistic
- “Enough” of all of the above!
WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR ON THIS DAY OF THANKSGIVING?